The Champion Foods, Barista Baking Company & Family Finest name(s), logos, and related marks are trademarks of Champion Foods LLC. ©2012 Champion Foods LLC. All rights reserved.
Vice President, Finance and Supply Chain Management
Posted: August 6, 2012
Champion Foods, LLC, a business unit of the Ilitch family of companies, leaders in the sports, entertainment, restaurant and food industries, which include the Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tigers, Olympia Entertainment and Little Caesars Enterprises, is a premier manufacturer of top quality food products focusing on both private label and branded take and bake products, like pizza and breadsticks, as well as bakery items including cookie dough and scones.
From our founder’s humble beginnings as a single pizzeria we have always pushed ourselves to develop the very best and most innovative products for our customers. Today, Champion Foods is an industry leader in take and bake products and we partner with many of the country’s leading retail, food and, “C” store accounts, as well as the premier fundraising program (Little Caesar Pizza Kit Fundraising) in the United States.
Our headquarters in New Boston, Michigan is a state-of-the-art food manufacturing facility that allows us large amounts of flexibility, while maintaining excellent quality control. It’s the perfect combination of two worlds, authentic craftsmanship and cutting edge modern day technology.
Consider joining our team – Champion Foods has an outstanding opportunity for a Vice President, Finance and Supply Chain Management. As a key member of our leadership team, this position will lead the business through the challenges of growth and position the business to capitalize on undiscovered opportunities. This position has the potential for operational responsibilities for the right candidate. Key elements of this position include:
Finance and Strategy:
Planning and Policy:
1. The successful candidate will be a certified public accountant (CPA) with a minimum of 10-plus years of progressive finance, accounting, administrative and preferably some experience in an operational manufacturing environment
2. Proactively participate and provide leadership in the development of Champion Foods financial and operational strategic plans and programs, while having direct interaction with all levels of executive management
3. Evaluate and advise key financial stakeholders on the financial impact of both short and long range plans and strategies and potential opportunities and risks
4. In-depth knowledge of economic and accounting principles (i.e.: GAAP), practices and reporting of financial data
5. Demonstrated experience analyzing departmental spending patterns in order to develop projections of annual expenditures
6. Previous experience in a position responsible for product costing and customer pricing
7. Demonstrated communication effectiveness, ability to educate and inform broad audiences, including senior staff with evidence of well-developed influencing skills
8. Proven track record in corporate finance and a leading role in developing internal and external working relationships
9. Previous experience with enterprise resource planning systems, preferably QAD
10. Computer proficiency (highly skilled in Excel) in Microsoft Office
11. Previous experience in an audit or oversight role with the ability to identify deviations from standard practices and procedures
1. Master of Business Administration (MBA)
2. Previous experience in supply chain or logistics
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to . Champion Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.